Sunday, April 5, 2009

More tasty (but healthy) food

My daughter calls these, 'Rockin' fruit kabobs'.  Fresh mango, strawberries, green grapes and canned pineapple tidbits.  Easy to make and the kabobs add lots of flair that makes the kids really want to love 'em.


A simple meal of seasoned, grilled chicken and a salad of romaine lettuce and fresh grated parmesan cheese.  Easy and delicious.  I will confess I am a slave to McCormick's Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade.  It never fails to get appreciative 'wows' from my family and guests whenever I use it to marinade my chicken.  I do try to limit my use of sauces but this is the one I love to grill with whenever I get the chance.
A lovely sandwich prepared with Boars Head Black Forest turkey, Boars Head pickles (the absolute best pickle on the planet), diced fresh tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano and organic balsamic vinagrette dressing.  This turkey is one of the best-tasting and healthy meats I've ever found.  Don't take my word for it, Calorie Count is a great independent resource for verifying many of the foods you eat.  An astute observer will likely notice that the bread of this sandwich is white.  I'm guilty as charged.  My deli was out of wheat hoagie rolls so I went with white instead. It would have been much better for me had I even used regular wheat sandwich bread.  Oh well, what are you going to do?  We live in an imperfect world and sometimes certain sacrifices are made.   



No comments: